all for a single tomato.

Here she is!
Y'all! I successfully grew a tomato! (So get ready for some applause for me by me.)

Back in June, I was generously gifted a green zebra tomato plant, which was very exciting to say the least. (I also had the privilege of taking home a purple bell pepper plant that day, but that plant didn't give way to my first actual I grew it myself food, and is only covered in blossoms, so it just gets the recognition of this little digression and that's all for now.) There are four other little baby tomatoes doing their thing on the plant yet, but I grew food all by myself, and I am really just so proud of myself, and all those earthworms I saw when I was planting and the pollinators, and I really feel like the Golden Globes are probably playing their horns telling me to wrap up my speech.

So, here's the deal: I picked this beauty, took some remembrance photos, and then plucked off the stem (the tomato was not all that big. There are cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and then the size of this tomato.) I thought about just biting into it, but I wanted to see what the inside looked like first, so guess what I did. I cut it. Into four cute little bite-sized wedges. And then I ate it. Just like that. And it was delicious. Which clearly made me even prouder of myself.
A little for size. A little for more appreciation.

My new hope is that the plant produces so many tomatoes that I can take a bowl of them to work and hand these delicious spheres out like candy on Halloween. We'll see if that happens, but a girl can dream. In the meantime, I'm just so happy that even one grew. Happy from my head tomatoes.

Best,
Clarissa

Comments