flour in Iowa

Flour really does exist!

A few weeks ago, I was trimming bushes and pulling weeds at the Wallace House (one part of the Wallace Centers of Iowa), and had paused to get a drink of water. Every Thursday night, the house puts on a farm to table supper, and the kitchen I was standing in front of happened to be looking into one of the kitchen windows. A shelf full of pantry items had been placed in front of the window, and a bag of flour caught my eye. Turns out the wheat for that flour was not only grown in Iowa, it was also milled here.

Early Morning Harvest is an aquaponic produce farm and grain mill. They produce a lot of things. Produce, eggs, honey, tilapia, grass fed beef. And flour. I have a whole lot of flour already, so I can't say I've purchased any myself, but I'm very excited that it exists. I'd be lying if I said I didn't gasp a little when I realized what I was looking at.

Best,
Clarissa

PSI was going to write a pun about bread, but I thought most of you would find it rather stale.

Comments